On August 19, 2018, amendments to our bylaws were ratified by an electronic ballot of the membership. These bylaws bring our Division in compliance with APA policy, reflect changes to our Committees and Special Interest Groups following recent Executive Committee votes, and incorporate information from our recently completed Strategic Plan.
Brief overview of changes
1. Throughout: Terms clarified and revised, as Executive Committee is most appropriately used to refer to the smallest body with the highest authority; the term Executive Committee is used to define the voting members of the Division and replaces the term Executive Board throughout the document.
2. Article I – Consistent with our rebranding effort, the Division’s complete name has been modified to be - “Rehabilitation Psychology, Division 22 of the APA”
3. Article II - Based on recent strategic planning, the Division’s updated Mission and Vision have been included.
4. Article IV, Section 2E – A statement about the mid-year conference has been deleted because it has been superseded by the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Division and the Academy of Rehabilitation Psychology.
5. Article V, Section 1 and 2 – The statement regarding the Student representative term has been moved from Section 2 to Section 1.